Performance Test 1.2.0
Hey guys, we have a quick update that fixes some stuff we found after publicly shipping, thanks to your feedback!
We'd also like to address a few common issues with the performance test:
- Vulkan crashing on exit: normal, your data will send. Essentially the crash is saying that the Vulkan renderer closed.
- Program not launching: Please try the itch.io app. This solves many issues, and also produces better errors in case the issue is not fixed.
- Linux version: we weren't able to ship a stable version at this time. Hopefully we will be able to share one in a future update. Please do not use Wine to run the test, as this will produce bad data for us.
- Virus detected: This is a false positive, due to the game being new and the shortcuts using a .bat to .exe converter to select command line arguments for the rendering interface.
- Fixed shadow artifacting
- Tuned ambient occlusion
- Rebaked reflection environment
- Forced exclusive fullscreen
- Force disabled V-Sync
- Fixed some analytics data not properly reporting
- Disabled level streaming hysteresis to prevent delayed clean up
- Fixed cases of hitches from level streaming
- Reduced memory packing strictness due to favorable metrics
- Improved particle performance with async ticking
- Tuned file open order to reduce read latency
- Fixed color grading LUT to better match the lighting style of the performance test
- Fixed some limitations with alternative renderers that were causing instability and low performance
Performance Test for Windows 719 MB
Version 1.2.0 Oct 27, 2018
Get Project Borealis Performance Test
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.